Friday, March 19, 2004

Today (this morning), I discuss my work.

I am currently writing a Note for the world-famous Fordham International Law Journal on the question of regional criminal courts. The Fordham ILJ is the most oft-cited student-edited specialty law journal in the world. That's right, the world. We're bigger that U.S. Steel. Yeah, that's the ticket. OK, now I'm exaggerating - a little. The Journal office has like eight computers and is short of copier paper. The ILJ office is known as Jerusalem for cacti. Figuring out who spends time in the office is easy; we look for the Camel's hump. But we really are the most-cited and we are run by the coolest people at the school; that is not an exaggeration.

You've probably heard of the International Criminal Court. Regional criminals courts have been proposed as the next step in creating an international judiciary. I argue that these courts should be created by the Security Council, and not by the regions themselves. The major theoretical argument is that creations of the Security Council will be more legitimate and more viable because the imprimateur of the Security Council reinforces those qualities of legitimacy and viability. I'd tell you more, but I've got to get back to editing it and it might violate the deal I have with Dreamworks to turn it into a major motion picture called Game of Intergovernmentalism. I'm already working on the sequel, The Neofunctionalists Strike Back.

(To be continued . . .)

1 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Stair Contractors Pico Rivera said...

Hello mate nice blogg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home